The Emerging Safety Leaders (ESL) network supports those who are developing their careers in workplace health and safety in New Zealand. The network, established through NZISM, provides the opportunity for NZISM members and non-members alike to engage with and learn from their peers.
IMPAC is excited and proud to be the ESL Network Partner. offering our depth of expertise to the professional development of NZ’s emerging safety leaders.
The ESL network is an open forum to increase engagement with health & safety practitioners; whether those who are just beginning their journey into H&S, either through their roles as H&S reps or through study.
This network provides information on the career path for H&S practitioners with the hope of increasing the number of young people entering the profession, and developing tomorrow’s leaders in safety. For more information or to join, visit the ESL website here.
IMPAC shares ESL’s commitment to support, mentor and grow the industry’s up-and-coming practitioners.
IMPAC's commitment to ESL each year provides significant professional development opportunities for emerging safety leaders, including a scholarship up to the value of $13,500 and a fulltime 12-24 month paid internship, each awarded to a qualifying ESL network member.
Registrations for these two opportunities are open now!
Scholarship APPLY HERE
A scholarship for training up to the value of $13,500 duration 5 years.
This will provide the opportunity to upskill with IMPAC - the only NZ based NEBOSH Gold Status Learning partner - for the internationally recognised NEBOSH IGC or NEBOSH Diploma.
You should apply if you are committed to a career in H&S, in advocating H&S as a professional path for others and you are:
- Interested in NEBOSH training for IGC Certificate or Diploma
- An NZ citizen or resident
- Online written application here. Submissions close 5pm Friday 23rd April, 2021.
- Final shortlisted applicants will be required to attend an interview with ESL/IMPAC representatives.
- The successful applicant will be notified by email.
Internship APPLY HERE
A fulltime, paid internship for 12-24 months. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work at IMPAC (Auckland location) reporting into the Head of Consulting, gaining 360° experience across our multiple health and safety products and solutions. This is an entry level position and remuneration will be commensurate with the successful applicant's experience and/or qualifications. Staff benefits include free onsite gym membership and wellness allowance.
You should apply if you are committed to a career in H&S whether just starting out or with some experience, are passionate about sharing your experiences with the ESL Network and others, and you are:
- Interested in learning from some of NZ's leading H&S practitioners at IMPAC
- An NZ citizen or resident
- Are available to undertake the internship located in Auckland within 6 months of the selection date
- Online written application here. Submissions close 5pm on Friday 7th May, 2021.
- Shortlisted applicants will be required to submit a short video about themselves and their H&S career goals.
- The final shortlist will be required to attend an interview with ESL/IMPAC representatives
The successful applicant will be notified by email.