Focusing H&S investment on what matters
June 22, 2018
As Stuff reported last week, Christchurch's Court Theatre was found to be contaminated with asbestos. And last month, the Reserve Bank building in Wellington was evacuated after traces of asbestos were found on one level. Finding asbestos is common and knowing what to do is important to the health and safety of everyone involved.
June 21, 2018
WorkSafe have announced that they have accepted enforceable undertakings from air conditioning and refrigeration company Airtech Limited, and vegetable packaging and marketing company NZ Hot House Limited, following an incident in July 2016 where workers were accidentally exposed to carbon monoxide.
June 19, 2018
New South Wales’ first ever ‘reckless conduct’ offence has led to an AUD$900,000 fine against small quarry operator, Cudal Lime Products Pty Ltd. The company pleaded guilty following the 2014 death by electrocution of Judith Liehr, the partner of a quarry employee, Barry Perceval.