We need a new person to join our Wellington-based team to work on our leading solution, Risk Manager. It’s a comprehensive cloud based risk and safety information management solution which is used by many of NZ’s businesses, including large corporations and government organisations.
At IMPAC, we have been having been providing Risk Manager as a service for a while. We now want to step up our team’s capability and competencies to further develop the new solution to a product which will not only impress our existing blue-chip clients, but also enable strong growth in a global market.
This is where you come in.
You'll be joining a team of people:
- Who enjoy the challenge of building a commercial international business product
- That like learning and applying the latest in new technologies
- Who can solve complex problems
- Who enjoy a wide variety of tasks (as our big team is still small in the scheme of things)
- That want to be part of something big that makes a difference
Offshore Development Team
As most of the developers are offshore, it is critical you have experience in managing a backlog of development with a remote team, and strong understanding of project management principles.
We like to approach our development in an Agile way, so finding the balance between Agile and enough information to support a remote team is essential. We expect that you are familiar with, and can produce the following collateral:
- Entity Relationship Diagrams
- User Stories
- Acceptance Criteria
You will form part of the team that works with stakeholders both internal and external to determine what we are building, you will understand and participate to create mind maps, storyboards, and user stories.
Working with both the onshore and offshore teams you will be able to coordinate testers and complete acceptance testing against requirements and design.
To achieve all this, you will need:
- 3+ years general business analysis/solution design experience
- Preferably worked with outsourced teams successfully prior
- Great communication skills
- Able to self-manage and manage the outsourced team
- Understanding of Agile and Waterfall ways of operating
Along with the following soft skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to write just enough when required, in a way that is understood by stakeholders
- Don’t mind presenting your work to the Agile team
- Team fit (generally get on well with your team members)
If this sounds like you and you have the competencies in the areas above, plus the personality to work well in a team, then please submit your CV and accompanying cover letter outlining your passion for this project through the Seek portal.