Safe Use of Plant and Machinery
Unit Standard: US 18410
This course will teach the key hazards, how those hazards should be managed, and how to develop safe operating procedures related to plant and machinery designers, engineers, operators, and those involved in maintenance.
This course is ideal for managers, supervisors, operators, engineers, and electricians who are involved in the operation of plant and machinery.
After completing this course, you’ll have knowledge and practical skills to:
• Identify hazards associated with plant and machinery in the workplace
• Explain legislative requirements for machinery and plant hazard control
• Identify and implement methods of controlling machine hazards with specific reference to types of machine guards and their application
• Identify hazards on a selected item of site plant or machinery
• Develop plant or machinery hazard management plans
$250 + GST per student