NEBOSH International General Certificate in Occupational Health & Safety
Duration: The course runs over 10 days and has a 1-day exam and off-course practical workplace assessment.
Do you need to deliver specialist advice to your organisation? The NEBOSH International General Certificate course will provide you with an excellent grounding in the principles and practice of health and safety management.
It’s relevant to practitioners from all sectors and combines international standards with an understanding of the New Zealand business environment.
The course is suitable for anyone looking to grow their knowledge and understanding of health and safety and to have it recognised through an internationally accredited qualification. It is the must-have qualification for site health and safety advisers.
There are no pre-requisites for this course, but we prefer candidates to have some general knowledge of health and safety in the workplace.
Who is this qualification designed for?
This qualification is designed for anyone (managers, supervisors and workers) in any type of organisation. It’s ideal for anyone who needs a broad understanding of health and safety issues to be able to manage day-to-day risks effectively. Many people take the International General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety (IGC) as a first step to a career as a health and safety professional. It gives a valuable overview and is a sound basis for further professional study.
Benefits for learners
The IGC looks at everyday solutions for general workplace health and safety issues. When you have completed the qualification, you will be able to:
• Justify the need for health and safety improvements
• Advise on duties for health and safety in the workplace
• Help your organisation to manage contractors
• Work within a health and safety management system
• Positively influence health and safety culture and behaviour
• Carry out a general risk assessment (using a 5-step approach) of your workplace
• Recognise workplace changes and their impacts and understand how to minimise these impacts
• Develop basic safe systems of work that include emergency arrangements and know when to use a permit-to-work system
• Take part in incident investigations; and help your employer check the effectiveness of their health and safety management system through monitoring, auditing and review.
Benefits for employers
When you achieve the IGC, you will be a huge asset to your employer. You will make a real difference
in the workplace. You will have the knowledge, understanding and skills to help protect the health and safety of all workers. You will also be able help your employer to comply with the law and good practice, as well as help them towards a culture of health and safety excellence.
$4500 + GST per student