NEBOSH International General Certificate in Occupational Health & Safety
Duration: The course runs over 10 days and has a 1-day exam and off-course practical workplace assessment.
Do you need to deliver specialist advice to your organisation? The NEBOSH International General Certificate course will provide you with an excellent grounding in the principles and practice of health and safety management.
It’s relevant to practitioners from all sectors and combines international standards with an understanding of the New Zealand business environment.
The course is suitable for anyone looking to grow their knowledge and understanding of health and safety and to have it recognised through an internationally accredited qualification. It is the must-have qualification for site health and safety advisers.
There are no pre-requisites for this course, but we prefer candidates to have some general knowledge of health and safety in the workplace.
After completing this course, you’ll be able to:
• Understand and apply international health and safety standards
• Explain the moral and economic advantages of good standards in health and safety in an organisation
• Develop, promote, and communicate an effective health and safety culture in an organisation
• Identify the key features of a health and safety policy, prepare, and undertake a health and safety audit
• Understand the importance of proactive and reactive health and safety monitoring measures
• Identify hazards in the workplace and carry out risk assessments, record findings, and review procedures
• Develop approaches for controlling hazards, reducing risks, and applying safe systems of work
• Identify fire hazards and consequential risks, advise on measures to minimise fire risks, and develop fire procedures
• Identify ill health effects of physical processes of work and the work environment and recommend suitable measures to combat risks
• Develop processes and procedures for investigating and reporting accidents at work
$4000 + GST per student