ICAM Investigation Techniques
Duration: 2-day course
This course will help you understand and apply the ICAM (Incident Cause Analysis Method) root cause investigation methodology.
ICAM investigators are an asset for any organisation wanting to maximise learning from adverse events, to avoid reoccurrence, and to improve future resilience to hazards. This course introduces best practice in incident investigation and teaches practical skills for you to apply in your workplace.
This course has been designed for employees in any industry who work in:
You may currently participate in health and safety investigations and are aiming to become ICAM investigators involved in more complex events.
We prefer candidates to have some general knowledge and experience of incident investigation or to have completed Unit Standard 17601 or Unit Standard 30265.
After completing this course, you’ll have knowledge and practical skills in:
• Building an effective investigation team
• Investigation process
• Barriers to effective incident reporting and investigation, and how to overcome them
• Effective tools for information-gathering and classification
• Reconstructing timelines
• Concepts of multiple causation and root cause analysis
• Structure and content of effective investigation reports
• Effective recommendations/corrective actions
• Interpersonal communication and active listening
• Interviewing skills
• Analytical skills based on models of multiple causation and root cause analysis
• Data gathering and classification
$7500 + GST up to 10 students and $649 for each additional student (max of 16)