Hazard Identification & Permit Issuer
Unit Standards: US 17602 and US 17590
This course provides an overview of the different types of hazards, how they should be identified, assessed, controlled, and monitored, and the key requirements of the role of Permit Issuer.
Hazard identification is one of the most crucial elements of a health and safety management system. It’s standard practice to control non-routine and hazardous work activities through a permit-to-work system. However, permit systems only function effectively when people are trained to use them. Some well-known major industrial accidents have been caused in part by the breakdown of a permit system.
For in-house courses, we’ll refer to your organisation’s permit systems and documentation and use your policies, procedures, and forms as requested.
This course is essential for anyone who issues safe work permits in the workplace, and for those intending to set up a permit system.
After completing the course, you’ll be able to:
• Know the legal requirements relating to hazard identification and control
• Identify hazards
• Explain work permit procedures and requirements
• Ensure the need for a work permit is properly identified and the worksite is prepared accordingly
• Have a broad understanding of hazards and harm
• Issue a work permit for a range of different types of work
• Monitor and close the work permit
• Audit work permits
• Complete a practical activity around permit issuing
$10350 + GST (max of 12)