Duration: 1-day course
Unit Standard: US17595
The Contractor Management course uses scenario-based activities and gives you practical solutions to some potentially difficult and costly problems.
You’ll learn how to:
• Manage contractor assessments and inductions
• Assess safety systems
• Understand the requirements to consult, cooperate, and coordinate
• Lead on-site inspections and evaluate plant design
This course is:
• A must for all workers who manage or supervise contractors
• Ideal for procurement and project workers to ensure they are complying with the law
After completing this course, you’ll have knowledge and practical skills in:
• The legislative and organisational health and safety requirements for engaging contractors to perform work onsite
• The relationship between the principal and contractors
• How to manage the use of contractors, including selection, planning, information sharing, monitoring, and reviewing
• The duties required when you’re in control of a work place
• The duties of hirers, sellers, and suppliers of plant
And you’ll be able to answer:
• How do you comply with your duties as a PCBU under the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015?
• How do you ensure contractors are complying with the law?
• What are the legal safety requirements concerning plant design and modification?
This course includes an off-course assessment.
$425 + GST per student