WHAT IS CHECKMATE?
Checkmate is a digital tag system that allows the user to develop and deploy safety audits, checks, and inspections via a tag or LED unit.
It can be used for plant and equipment assurance processes, as well as the monitoring of critical activities within the workplace.
This could include pre-start inspections, area or item cleaning rosters, preventative maintenance activities, or monitoring of critical hazard/risk controls in the workplace.
Plant, equipment, or the area associated with the completion of a critical activity is fitted with a tag or LED unit which uses Near Field Communication (NFC).
This provides assurance internally and to external bodies that the person carrying out the audit, check or inspection was physically there at the time it was completed.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
A worker simply uses a smart phone to tap the NFC tag which activates the audit, check or inspection associated with it - this is then completed via the smartphone. You set the frequency of the required audit, check or inspection, and the questions asked.
Once completed the record and information is uploaded and saved to the Checkmate’s Cloud based management tool.
From here the following is able to be done or provided:
- Notification to nominated people (e.g. managers) of audit, check or inspection completion.
- Notification/alert to nominated people (e.g. managers) of audit, check or inspection of non-completion.
- Notification and management of non-conformances associated with the audit, check or inspection.
- Identification, notification and tracking of corrective actions associated with the non-conformance.
- Reports generation and transmission showing aggregated results and information relating to the completion of audits, checks, or inspections over defined time periods.
To further elevate the mitigation of risk for plant, equipment, or activities deemed high risk, they can be fitted with the NFC LED tag.
This tag flashes red when an audit, check, or inspection has not been completed when required or if the item or activity is found not compliant.
A green light is shown when audits, checks, or inspections have been completed as required and the plant, equipment or activity meets defined requirements.
WHY CHOOSE CHECKMATE?
- Checkmate provides assurance internally and to external bodies that the person carrying out the audit, check or inspection was physically there at the time it was completed.
- Checkmate ensures relevant checks are completed and importantly, that any identified maintenance or repair issues, or other correctives actions are notified, tracked and completed.
- Allows for consistent, reliable audits and tracking across a business, regardless of sites, divisions or locations.
- Allows for aggregation of audit, check and inspection, information to provide assurance to all levels and locations of an organisation that plant and equipment remains fit for purpose and activities are occurring as required.
CHECK IT. PROVE IT. CHECKMATE
IMPAC is the exclusive distributor of Checkmate in New Zealand, as we believe Checkmate provides a practical, tangible solution for our clients’ plant and equipment checking, and the assurance that checks, inspections – be it a pre-start equipment inspection, a cleaning process or other compliance requirements – and remedial work is done as claimed.
Checkmate ensures and forces compliance to make sure plant and equipment or critical activities are audited, checked, or inspected on time, ensuring required operational standard are met at all times.
Already used by leading suppliers and retailers in construction, packaging and food industries, Checkmate is supported through leading global software, with NZ manufactured components and Auckland based office.