Tom Reeves - Director
Tom is a founding Director of IMPAC and has over 25 years practicing H&S in a wide range of industries including oil and gas exploration and production, underground and surface mining, electricity, forestry, dairy, pulp and paper, construction, infrastructure, heavy and light industrial manufacturing, and food manufacturing/processing to name a few.
H&S Qualifications / Credentials
- Bachelor of Business Studies, Massey University (Majoring in Human Resource/Learning and Development)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Health and Safety (Industrial Hygiene), Massey University
- Graduate Member of NZ Institute of Safety Management
- HASANZ Registered Health and Safety Professional
- Member of NZ Institute of Directors
The following provides an illustration of the types of work Tom has carried out:
- Independent H&S management system reviews in the wake of fatality or high potential events, e.g. Auckland International Airport, Fonterra, Fletcher Building, Lion Nathan, and Port of Napier.
- Strategic H&S reviews e.g. Fonterra, Auckland University, Fletcher Building and BNZ.
- Health and Safety Governance reviews for Boards of Directors including Spark, Auckland Transport, Mighty River Power, Asmuss Group, Counties Power, Port Taranaki, Port Nelson, TOWER, Milmeq, and The Lines Company.
- Development/drafting of significant corporate client H&S management frameworks (e.g. Fonterra’s Global H&S Framework, Ministry of Defence, Spark).
- Development/drafting of Fletcher Building’s Group HSE Risk Management, and Contractor Management Standards.
- Development of corporate incident investigation frameworks.
- Tranzrail Ministerial Enquiry (only ministerial enquiry into H&S in New Zealand). Was one of four Enquiry panel members holding role of Technical H&S Expert.
- Project Leader for the development of New Zealand Industry Codes of Practice for: a) Underground Mining and Tunnelling and b) Surface Mining & Quarrying.
- Independent reviews of major capital works projects for Fonterra, Contact Energy, Auckland Airport.
- Project lead in the 2018 and 2019 Hazardous Substance Gap Analysis projects across all the Department of Corrections Prisons and a sample of Community and Probation Service Centres.
- Governance and Project Lead for development, piloting and implementation of the Respirable Crystalline Silica (RCS) Accreditation Programme within the NZ Engineered Stone Fabrication sector.
- Founding Director, IMPAC
- Acting Health, Safety, Risk & Environmental Manager for Carter Holt Harvey Pulp & Paper
- Solid Energy (Underground & Surface Coal Mining) National H&S Development Manager
- Woodward Clyde – seconded to Shell Todd Services (Oil and Gas Exploration and Production) – Health and Safety Advisor (Industrial Hygiene/Safety Management)
- Tegel Foods/Heinz Wattie (Poultry & Food Processing) National H&S Manager
Mob: 021 284 8616