Lance Hiscoe – Head of Consulting | Principal Consultant
Lance has over 25 years’ Health & Safety risk management work experience within the corporate, services and industrial sectors. He has experience managing/conducting H&S projects within a wide variety of industry categories including FMCG’s, warehousing & distribution, brewing & soft drinks, retail, power generation and renewable energy, construction & engineering, manufacturing (steel, automobile, electronics, textiles, food & beverage, chemical), mining (underground and open cast) as well as commercial and professional services. He is experienced in working for International companies in numerous countries to achieve a step change in their safety culture and performance while utilising best practice. Lance is also called upon as a conference and presentation speaker, as well producing articles for health and safety publications.
H&S Qualifications / Credentials
- Higher Diploma in Safety, Health & Environmental Risk Management: UNISA
- Principles of Business & Management: University of Witwatersrand - Graduate School of Business Administration
- Security Management: UNISA, Institute of Criminology
- International Diploma in Teaching & Training: City and Guild of London Institute
- Certificate IV in Assessment and Workplace Training: River Murray Training – Australia
- International Verifier & Moderator Assessment: City and Guilds of London Institute
- IOSH approved Behavioural Safety Leadership: RMS Switzerland (BSST)
- ISO 45001:2018 Auditor: Bureau Veritas Australia Pty Ltd
- Institute of Occupational Safety & Health (IOSH-UK), Graduate Professional
- New Zealand Institute of Safety Management (NZISM), Graduate Professional
The following provides an illustration of the type of work Lance has carried out:
- Independent Health, Safety & Environmental management system reviews, e.g. Heineken International (operations across Mexico, Brazil, Belguim, The Netherlands, Portugal, Austria, Belarus, South Africa & Nigeria), PT Freeport (Indonesia), Tongaat Huletts, SAPPI & Mondi Forestry, Illovo Sugar and SPAR Group (South Africa).
- Independent and objective Health, Safety & Environmental audits, e.g. China Construction New Zealand (Seascape Project - Auckland), CLP Holdings Limited (business assets located in Hong Kong, China, Taiwan, India), Ertan Hydropower & Guandi Hydro Plants (China), NTPC Limited (India), Bell Bay (Australia), Comalco Weipa (Australia), CGN Swakop Uranium (Namibia), Unilever – Foods, Personal Products & Wash (South Africa).
- Contractor Management System assessments, e.g. BHP Billiton Group (contractors located across Australia)
- Vice President: NOSA New Zealand & Asia Pacific Region
- Global Safety (OHS) Manager: Heineken N.V. – Amsterdam HQ
- Managing Director: NOSA New Zealand (Pty) Ltd
- Branch & Business Development Manager: NOSA (Pty) Ltd
- General Manager: Business Development & Training: IRCA Global – Australia
Mob: 021 403 607