Incident Reporting & Investigation
Unit Standard: US 17601
This course explains how incidents occur, how causes should be identified, and how to investigate and write an incident report.
Effective incident reporting and investigation procedures are key for any company who wants to prevent re-occurrences of incidents.
The course can be tailored to use your own internal procedures for investigation, reporting, and monitoring of corrective actions.
After completing this course, you’ll know:
• The purpose of investigating incidents and legislative requirements
• Barriers to reporting and how to overcome them
• Concepts of multiple causation and root cause analysis
• The swiss cheese model used to identify and explain causes of incidents
• How an incident investigation is conducted
• How an effective incident investigation report is written
$250 + GST per student