ICAM Governance Workshop
Duration: Half-day course
The half-day ICAM Governance course provides a high-level overview of the ICAM process and discusses key organisational management perspectives.
If you’re a director or senior manager of an organisation that uses ICAM, you should understand the ICAM methodology and how recommendations are gained from it.
For ICAM investigations to be truly effective there must be informed support from a senior level and a willingness to review, accept, and apply challenging recommendations.
The course has been designed for:
• Senior managers
Your organisation will already be practicing ICAM investigations, and you’ll be responsible for commissioning investigations and/or receiving investigation reports.
There are no pre-requisites for this course, but we prefer candidates to have some general knowledge and experience of accident investigation.
After completing this course, you’ll have knowledge and understanding of:
• Why ICAM is important and why you might not initially like what it uncovers
• The long-term benefits of ICAM
• ICAM principles and the concepts of multiple causation and root cause analysis
• Organisational and human factors and their role in accident investigation
• Responsibility, accountability, and organisational learning
• Legal privilege — investigation findings and confidentiality
• Key components of effective ICAM governance
$350 per student