HSR Stage 1
Duration: 2-day course
Unit Standard: US 29315
HSR Stage 1 helps you to understand your role and responsibilities as a representative and meet minimum regulatory requirements for training.
Health and Safety at Work Act regulations that came into effect on the 4th April 2016 have substantially increased the importance and authority of Health and Safety Representatives (HSRs), making this course a must. Learning from this course is formally recognised by NZQA and will provide a good grounding for participants to complete more advanced health and safety qualifications.
This course has been designed for:
• Any employee elected or appointed as a health and safety representative
• Managers who want to fully understand the role of the representative in their workplace
After completing this course, you’ll have knowledge and practical skills in:
• Understanding why health and safety matters
• Identifying the rights and responsibilities of key H&S Stakeholders including WorkSafe NZ, PCBU’s, Officers and Workers in terms of general duties, worker participation and the role of HSR.
• The risk management process including:
o Identifying and assessing hazards and risks through strategies and tools.
o Understanding the importance of monitoring and reviewing implemented controls.
• The importance of communicating and effective methods to communicate with workers and management about the risk management process, recommendations and other health and safety issues.
• The role of the HSR as an advocate for workers in the workplace
• About the Provisional Improvement Notice including the purpose, implementation process and the PCBU’s obligations to comply or seek regulatory review.
• Supporting workers with post-injury rehabilitation and graduated return to work planning
This course has one on-course assessments.
$4950 + GST up to 12 students and $249 for each additional student (max of 16)